Followers

Friday 1 December 2017

How To Decorate A MDF Advent Calendar With Best Glue Ever


Hi all

I am up on the Scraperfect blog today with an altered Advent calendar using Best Glue Ever.



Start off by coating the mdf with gesso or white paint. This is so the next paint layer doesn't soak into the wood.



Once the first layer has dried ,apply the top coat of paint. I choose traditional colours.


I used a number die cut set and used brown craft foam. I then used Best Glue Ever to adhere them to the draws.


I then gathered up a selection of small embelishments and gems and used Best Glue Ever to adhere them to the draws.



I added small gems and pearls to the Christmas trees by adding small blobs of glue. I used the fine tipped cap which makes it easier to  add glue to small pieces.







9 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Katie this is a stunning Advent calendar I love it. Every year I mean to make one and every year we end up buying them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Nancy said...

That looks fabulous, Katie! I love all the wonderful embellishments! Now tell me...what kind of treats are you going to put in it? :o)

Katie said...

Thank you Jackie.
I just need to fill it now

Katie said...

Thank you Karin

Katie said...

I was thinking of putting those small bottles of spirits in them

Unknown said...

Such a fabulous project Katie, all the little elements look great. Cathy x

Fi Potter Art said...

Fab blog Katie. I just bought me an advent calendar to make up so perfect timing x

Katie said...

Thank you Cathy

Katie said...

Thank you Fiona
They are fun to decorate